Thursday, June 26, 2014

Handwriting on the Wall Craft

Handwriting on the Wall
Daniel 5

For this craft, I printed the page with the picture of the king and the wall. Then I put a page (which contains the words Mene Mene Tekel Parsin) under the first page so I can use it as a pattern.  Using a white crayon, write the words "MENE MENE TEKEL PARSIN" in the box.  Make sure you press really hard. 


I tell the story until I get to verse 5.  Before reading verse 5 (the hand appears and writes on the wall), I tell the children that I forgot to put color on their pages and I need help finishing that part.  I tell the children that they need to first paint the wall (the rectangle) and that we will paint the king later.  As they watercolor paint the wall, letters and words begin to appear! After they have finished, we finish reading and telling the rest of the Bible story. 

For the younger preschool children, I used Elmer's White Glue and traced the letters using glue on the page that has MENE MENE TEKEL PARSIN on it. I let it dry. I make one page like that for every child.  

I give the children a page with the words and then lay the picture on top. They use crayons to color the wall.  As they color the wall, the words will magically appear.  (Like a penny rubbing.)



Click on photo to get the pattern.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. it is a very special to reveal God's Word, the kids will be so excited to see the hidden message. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved this project in our Children's Church. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea! We used this in children's church, and the kids were so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Markers over the white crayon works great too! Thank you for the idea

    ReplyDelete